2/19/08

A LITTLE WHITE FISH

Is the little mountain white fish a trout... OH YEAH... no doubt... despite lot's of people look down on them... They are close related to trout, they are sharing the same ancestor. I love them they are such a cute little fish and put you into a great fight too! And most importantly... they are the native! We should look down on those bastard brown trout when fish in the US instead... The invasive species really is detrimental to the environment in different directions... Well... this is hard decision for anglers though... even to me... I could be blind myself sometimes...

8 comments:

troutbirder said...

I've enjoyed reading your comments on the trout themselves. Well done.
Caught some nice whitefish in the Gallatin. Never look down on a fish that will fight. Here in Minnesota I often go down to the Big River to catch carp a much more interesting fish on the line than our vaunted state fish the walleye!

Unknown said...

Stumbled across your blogs this morning... Wonderful. Interested in swapping blog links? http://roughfisher.blogspot.com/

Those pesky browns can be the scourge of stream. Long live the native fish!

Ginger*:) said...

Your trout images, paintings and photos are wonderful. I especailly LOVE your banner.

Unknown said...

Fantastic blog, keep those lovley paintings coming.

BLUEANGLER said...

Thanks for the nice comments friends! Welcome...
Sorry, I almost forgot this little behavior blog. I had a lot of exercise in behavior ecology in the school...but went out of energy in putting more information to this little fellow... will keep it going soon... : )

BLUEANGLER said...

Hi jean-paul,

Thanks for the link! Your blog is so cool! I will definately visit it regularly! But I do not have the link section... I will play around my link section and see what format comes out better...Thanks :O)

vanckirby said...

love the blog! can i add it to my links at fladuckdays?

BLUEANGLER said...

Thanks for the nice comment, friends. Please feel free to add the link...it's honor to me.
I have been busy/lazy that not be able to update this blog frequently...I will/should keep them going very soon : P